For the provision of implementation of the tasks facing Baku City Main Police Department, of functions within their authorities the structure of the Main Department approved by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan is included the following service areas:
• Secretariat (within the competence of office)
• Organizational-Inspection Department
• Management service of duty services (within the competence of office)
• Criminal Investigation Department
• Investigation and Inquiry Department
• Drug Enforcement Department
• Crime Detection Department
• Operations and Statistics Department
• Public Security Department
• State Traffic Police Department
• Registration and Identity card Department
• Human Resources Department
• Personnel Department Group
• Financial-Planning Department
• Supply Department
• Firing Squad
• Police Newspaper
• Police division in Baku Subway
Secretariat (within the competence of office)
Structural unit which performs the receipt, registration of appeals received from the citizens and organizations concerning the activities of the urban authorities of internal affairs, citizens’ reception, clerical work, generalization of the application practice of law of the Azerbaijan Republic, control over the executive discipline and observance of confidential treatment, work with code telegrams, publishing and replication of regulatory acts.
Is a structural division which carries out organizational and supervisory functions on HPD, the planning of upcoming works on the solution of problems related to law enforcement activities and main directions of operational-official activities based on comprehensive analysis of current criminogenic situation in the city, generalization of their results, for this purpose to coordinate HPD services, activities of urban internal affairs bodies, exercising control over staff discipline, over the legal and regulatory acts of government agencies and MIA.
Criminal Investigation Department
Criminal Investigation Department is a structural division which carries out the functions as fight against crime, crime prevention and detection, investigations, searching for individuals hiding from judicial bodies and evading punishment, missing persons, as well as stolen property, identification of unrecognizable dead human bodies, carrying out operational and investigative activities in cases and order determined by legislation.
Department for Investigation and Inquest
A structural division which carries out the conduction of questioning and pre-trial investigations on affairs which is within the competence of bodies of internal affairs, timely initiation of criminal proceedings on crimes occurred, a comprehensive, full and objective investigation of the causes and circumstances of the crime and all the circumstances of the case, detection of crime in a short time and determining and bringing to justice all of its participants.
Drug Enforcement Department
A structural division which carries out management of operational and investigative activities in the fight against illicit trafficking of the narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and precursor chemicals, organize and coordinate the activities of relevant structures of the appropriate territorial law enforcement agencies according to an analysis of the criminogenic situation in this direction.
The Administration performs the following tasks:
• the investigation and analysis of the drug related criminality situation in the city, the implementation of the search operations and preventive measures for prevention and detection of such types of crimes, the organization of the implementation of functions defined by the legislation and arising from the normative legal acts of the MIA in the tributary territorial law enforcement agencies.
• analysis of the criminality situation related to the illicit trafficking of narcotic drugs, preparation of proposals in order to increase the business productivity and the immediate and long-term forecasts of the criminogenic situation;
• coordinating the activity of the appropriate services of the regional police authorities in the implementation of the operational-search measures;
• The fight against illicit trafficking of the narcotic drugs is regulated mainly by the Law of the Azerbaijan Republic "On the fight against illicit trafficking of the narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and precursor chemicals” dated June 18, 1999, and the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On measures against drug addiction and illicit trafficking of the narcotic drugs”, dated August 26, 1996, relevant decisions of the Cabinet of Ministers and orders and instructions of the MIA.
Structure of the department includes
Department for Organization of Preventive Work, Division for Organization of Preventive Work with Juveniles, Department for Organization of Patrol Service, Security Group for the Oil Export and Gas Pipelines, Monitoring Group for organization of service in the temporary storage areas.
The Tasks of the Department
• Defines the main directions of the activity of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in order to ensure public order and public safety, provides the implementation of preventive measures in the field of crime prevention and detection;
• Participates in prevention of neglect with juveniles, together with other government and community organizations,
• Participates in the provision of emergency or martial law regime applied in Baku city and its separate regions, unified state events as well as quarantine events on the prevention and elimination of emergency situations, organizes the activity of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the city;
• Implements the rights determined by the Legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic on provision of the public order and public safety, crime prevention and detection;
Controls the organization of service in the temporary storage areas
Department for Registration and Identification Cards
A structural division which carries out the issues which are within the competence of the bodies of Internal Affairs of the city – the registration of Azerbaijani citizens, foreigners and stateless persons according to their residence or place, and the issuing appropriate identification and registration cards to them.
State Traffic Police Department
A structural division which participates in the organization of providing traffic security, the monitoring on the provision of traffic security, the implementation of the administrative proceedings related to traffic accidents and violation of traffic rules, the development of the regulations and technical norms relating to road safety within its competence, the conducting of the state technical examination and registration of auto transport vehicles and trailers.
Fulfills functions as the establishment of professional staff which is necessary for the provision of the tasks standing in front of the internal affairs bodies of the city, as well as the selection of personnel, their admission to the service, their placement to positions, and issuing them special ranks, staff training, their doing service, their removal from service, and the organization and implementation of their registration, as well as monitoring on the activity of the internal affairs bodies of the city in this field.
The Police Department in Baku Subway
Organizes appropriate protection of the Subway and its special objects
according to the signed contract, prepares the plans of action related to the safety of Subway stations and the protection of public order during the implementation of the public events in the city, and as the fight against criminality, implements preventive measures related to the prevention of the law violations occurring in front of the exits of the Subway stations and in the underground passages connected to the stations.
The main duties of the office are:
• The complex analysis of the operating conditions, and preparation of proposals on increasing efficiency of action in the city, and its different districts;
• Improvement of management mechanism, the organizational support of the measures taken on increasing of impact of services of Central Office of Head Office on subordinate bodies and parts. Investigation and distribution of advanced experience;
• Preparation of complex events and organization of their implementation, coordination of action of MPD services;
• The planning of operational and service action of General Administration;
• In services of Central Office of MPD, in the Ministries of Internal Affairs, conducting of inspector, control and purpose inspections, the provision of practical assistance, supervision of the actual implementation of the entrusted duties and functions;
• Organization of collection of information about operating conditions of Baku city (emergency events, and other serious crimes.), their analysis, and preparation of management decisions and supervision of their implementation on this basis;
• Analysis of organizational staff action, staff discipline supervision, evaluation of its results;
• Coordination of the city’s MIA activities in emergency situations, as well as, while conducting large scale complex operations;
• The office structure includes Organizational and analytical department, Control and Coordination Section.
Duty Services Administration
A structural division which carries out the supervision over the operational situation, efficient management of the forces and vehicles and administration of activities of the duty services within the MIA in Baku city.
Department for Forensic Sciences
A structural division which organizes criminal investigations and exercises the rights related to the criminal investigation activities in the manner and cases prescribed by the laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The main duties of the department are:
• To ensure the participation of the experts in crime scene examinations, in operational-search measures and other investigative actions;
• To conduct technical, linear and other investigations of ballistic, dactyloscopic and trasological documents on the basis of the memorandum of the interrogation, investigation and operational-search services.
• To apply the accessible modern photo-video and other technical means and forensic technology in investigative actions and operational-search measures.
Operations & Statistics Data Department
A structural division which organizes the establishment of the statistical data, reports and data banks, the work on the data in these banks, and their use, and the conduction of the unitary crime statistics and the statistics in the Main Police Department system, implements the development and improvement of data processing and transmission automated system, reference data activity and the storage of documents in the archive.
Public Security Department
A structural division which defines the main directions of the activity of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the city on provision of the public order and public safety, organizes implementation of preventive measures in the field of crime prevention and detection, the protection and accompaniment of the arrested persons, safety of the oil export and gas pipelines, the prevention work among juveniles, as well as, exercises the activity on authorization system.
Group for the work with personnel
• A structural division which implements the moral-psychological training of the officers of the internal affairs bodies of the city, the indoctrination of the respect for humanism ideas, laws, legal and ethical norms, human rights to them, the social and legal protection of the officers.
The main duties of the group are as follows:
• The implementation of moral-psychological training of the officers.
• Training of the officers in the spirit of loyalty to the oath, official duties, statehood, the strengthening of political steadfastness.
• Training of the officers in the spirit of respect for human and civil rights, the indoctrination of high moral values to them.
• The provision of material and moral support to the officers, as well as, to the family members of the officers that martyred in the solution of problems faced by officers of social and domestic character, as well as, in the correct application of concessions and privileges determined by the legislation, in the providing respective allowances, pensions and other payments.
• Taking appropriate measures in order to provide the strengthening of discipline and the strict adherence to the lawfulness among the personnel
Finance and Planning Department
A structural division which organizes the issues related to the salaries and wages of the personnel of the internal affairs bodies of the city.
A structural division which implements the provision of the internal affairs bodies of the city with special equipment and means, weapons, ammunitions and other material-technical resources.
The commandant platoon
A structural division which implements the dissolving regime of the administrative building of the MPD, the protection of the administrative building and the provision of communal services.